Alright my loves, several requests on my post suggestion box last week for our desert casa updates. I’m so happy to kick this series off today as I have lots of progress to fill you girls in on! As you might remember from earlier this year, we bought a property out in Palm Springs that we’re in the process of renovating. I grew up out in the desert and the whole fam loves taking weekend trips out there (quick drive from OC) so we figured it was time to get a place that we plan on renting out as well. I LOVE a good renovation project so here’s what we’re planning on doing with this charming place…
First let’s talk about the renovation checklist. Of course the list keeps growing and I went over budget butttt here we are and I can say I already see money well spent! The hubby was ready to update the paint only and be done but you know I had other plans. 😉 We are already quite far along in this checklist already so stayed tuned for lots of progress over the next few weeks!! We also plan to start renting it out in the Spring so hopefully some of you girls will be able to enjoy it too if you’re out in the desert- so stay tuned for that!
- New exterior paint
- Landscape update- lots of bougainvillea, agaves and drought-resistant greenery
- New carpet
- Knocked down a wall to open up the kitchen
- New concrete for an elevated patio dining area, updated steps and layout in the entry- really want desert zen feel out there!
- Acid washed the pool patio and stained concrete
- Built an above ground fireplace
- New floors (not in the original plan but we busted a pipe and I wasn’t mad bc I wanted to do the floors originally!)
- Update light fixtures
- Revamp the outdoor shower pace
- Extend the outdoor master patio
- Update Powder Bath
- Completely redo the master bath (it’s small so shouldn’t be too crazy to do)
- just some minor changes so I said to the hubby…ha!
(The master patio we’re extending, redoing the landscape and the outdoor shower)
(New flooring throughout the house)
(Knocked down a wall and putting in new countertops)
(Updating the entryway)
(Building an above ground outdoor fireplace)
(and acid washing, staining and retiling the outdoor pool area)
I have to say I have been having SO much fun with decorating this place and picking out designs for it. It’s SO different from out current home so I love being more playful and extra with this house. I have a huge Pinterest board HERE of inspo if you girls want to see everything but here are a few key pieces I’m into…
Decor I’m Eyeing
I’ll be sharing tons more so stay tuned! Don’t forget to follow along on my Mid Century Modern Pinterest Board for more too!