Hi loves, it’s safe to say it’s been a heavy week over here (as i’m sure it has been for many of you as well). I’ve been using this time reflect, listen, and try to educate myself on ways that I can help. You all know I usually try to keep things light with my instagram and blog but there are somethings you have to speak up about and racial injustice is definitely one of them. I’ve paused all posting on my instagram feed and blog for the rest of the week (to help amplify voices of the black community) but wanted to share a few resources today in case you’re looking for a place to start as well. As a mom of two, our home is the first place i’m working on. Educating my kids and having those conversations that inequality and racial injustice do exist is so important. So here a few resources I’ve found to be helpful if you’re not quite sure on how to start those conversations….
- The Conscious Kid | @theconsciouskid
- George Floyd. Ahmaud Arbery. Breonna Taylor. What do we tell our children? by USA Today
- Raising White Kids by Jennifer Harvey
- How do we teach our children anti-racism? These resources will help by TODAY
- A Kids Book About Racism by Jelani Memory
- Danielle Coke | @ohhappydani
- Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History by Vashti Harrison
- Little Legends: Exceptional Men in Black History by Vashti Harrison
- The Skin I’m In: A First Look at Racism by Pat Thomas
- Same, Same but Different by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw
- ‘Raising White Kids’ Author on How White Parents Can Talk About Race by NPR
- 50 Children’s Books That Represent Diversity
- How to Talk to Your Children About Race
- Bümo Parent | @bumoparent
If you have any other resources or articles, please feel free to share!