Andee Layne Nutrition

Honeybee Health // Random Shots

Alright my lovelies, keeping up with my weekly Honeybee Health posts here we go with this weeks random shots…..
I’ve tend to do a lot of work away from home so breakfast out usually looks something like this. Egg White Scramble with a side of avocado toast and a latte. I find the avocado toast to be really filling so I usually only eat half and save the other half for later that day.
Another option Egg white scramble with spinach, basil, tomatoes and feta…SO good! I skip the potatoes and just have the toast with jam.
Starbuck on the go… I Love their oatmeal option! I don’t know why but it always tastes so much better than my oatmeal at home. Healthy, filling and around 300-350 calories depending on how much stuff you put in it. I really like that they give you all the toppings separate and it has the calorie count on each pack so you can decide exactly what and how much you want to put in it. Some of you asked on my last Honeybee Health post for a Starbucks Order post so my next Honeybee Health will be strictly my go to orders from there!

Keeping it healthy on the plane! I am so happy that airlines are becoming more health conscious! I always order a couple of these packs on the plane to share with the fam. Hummus, 100 calorie packs of almonds and even a portion control size of one of my favorite sweets, Brookside dark chocolate covered acai and blueberries! Genius!

On the return flight from Jackson Hole at the airport I ordered a turkey club (hold the bacon and hold the mayo) on whole grain. I skipped the chips as this sandwich was filling enough. It’s all about the modifications ladies!
Lunch at True Foods. I’m addicted to their turkey wrap (hold the mayo) and have it with a side of kale salad and “the natural” drink (ginger, soda water and agave).
and then sometimes you just crave something ridiculously sweet like this double chocolate cookie from Le Pain! Have you ladies had this?! Worth.Every.Calorie!

I’ve posted several times about Pressed Freeze Juicery in Newport Beach. It’s all natural goodness and mine was made with dates, cocoa, vanilla etc I topped mine with almond butter and some chocolate covered goji berries. If you haven’t been definitely put it on your list to try.

and then when you bring home donuts for your hubby….you help him dominate them in 2 mins flat 😉 That Oreo and Peanut Butter and Jelly one tho’!

My hubby and Ava love them some BBQ! 😉  Ribs, briskets, mac and cheese, the works! For me I just don’t love it so I save my calories for other splurges. For me its always sweets and cocktails….how about you girls? What do you like to splurge on?
Sushi to go! I always like to get a some steamed vegetable or chicken dumplings. They are lower in calories and always a great starter option.
(Turkey patty, kale salad and lentils)
Lunches at home looks something like this. Lean proteins, greens and some healthy carbs!
I don’t know about you moms but toddler meals are always SO damn tempting. I consider myself pretty disciplined but I too have trouble resisting unfinished mac n’ cheese, nuggets and whatever other yumminess the kids are eating. Half the time I say “why did I eat that” especially when it was a cold nugget! I mean really if I was going to have it I should have just had it when it was at least warm  out of the oven;) That being said I got back to putting out healthy veggies like these before I even start cooking. That way if i’m snacking while cooking…its on healthy low calories veggies that are filling. It’s an added bonus that Ava loves veggies so most of the time she is eating them too!

I posted this on SnapChat (AndeeLayne) last week  but this is a standard throw together in 10 minutes meal. Its a protein pasta with natural lean ground turkey. This pasta sauce it one of our favorites! Not everything in our kitchen is organic but my rule of thumb is look at the ingredients…if you can pronounce 90% of them you’re good.
*Side note I also post a lot of my meals and random snacks more frequently on SnapChat because it’s so easy and fast. So if you want to see more of those you can follow along on there too! xo

I love these Sprays for cooking! They’re non aerosol, organic and taste great!

Lunching with a girlfriend…She ordered the pizza and here I go with the salad….and some bubbly of course! I’m not going to lie this salad was so good, I didn’t even crave that pizza!

Quick dinner at home… another Skinny Taste recipe White Bean Turkey Chili!  Don’t be fooled by the not so pretty presentation, it was delish! I added the avocado and sweet corn to kick it up a bit.
and last but not least my splurge… yummy cocktails. I try to keep my beverage indulging to the weekends but lets be honest, sometimes I just don’t make it that long 😉 I don’t know about you but especially now as mom, that glass of wine or cocktail are ALWAYS needed.
I hope this was helpful for you ladies! As mentioned next weeks Honeybee Health will be My Starbucks Orders and I also have a Day in Meals post (per request) in the works. Please feel free to let me know what else you girls want to hear about!

Morgan Smith
    March 15, 2016 at 6:25 pm

I use Skinny taste recipes a lot. All of those meals look amazingly good!! http://www.californiatocarolina.com / http://www.thegymbunnyblog.com

Kimberly Ann
    March 15, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Love this! That salad looks amazing!

Kim
    http://trendkeeper.me .. skater skirt!!

March 22, 2016 at 6:54 pm

right?! we said healthy can't be tasty! 😉

Ciara DeMeco
    March 15, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Hey Andee! I LOVE your blog, especially the healthy food posts.. Thank you so much for the spray oil recommendation, I'm definitely picking this up! As for frying (if you have to) I've heard really good things recently about Macadamia oil. I read that it's the only type of oil that doesn't change it's molecular structure when heated, therefore it doesn't have the carcinogenic properties that other fried oils have. I was wondering if you have any insight or maybe have heard similar? Do you use a specific type of oil to fry (if you ever do lol)? Much appreciated, love you!!! -Ciara

March 22, 2016 at 6:56 pm

you're so welcome babe and so glad you love them too! And thank you for the macadamia oil tip I am going to look into that!! xo You know I rarely do fried food and if I do I just use whole wheat flour to coat my husbands chicken and just use olive oil in a frying pan. It tastes just like the real fried chicken 😉

Aileen
    March 15, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Love this! And where do you buy those cooking sprays from?

March 22, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Hi love I actually purchase mine at Target!

Jessica
    March 15, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Thanks so much for sharing, girl! I always love to see what other mommas are eating. And for sure I am in the same boat with the kids food- not sure why that Annie's mac and cheese tastes so good but I'm always trying to avoid mindlessly eating what the babes are eating- it's a struggle!

March 22, 2016 at 6:57 pm

oh.my.gosh yes! That damn Annies Mac n Cheese gets me every time!! lol

March 15, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Andee I just wanted to thank you SO much for these posts. Since beginning following your blog I have lost more than 20 pounds and have to give you credit! You've really shown the dedication/commitment it takes to have your body and I am constantly referencing your health posts for recipes/meal ideas/inspiration. Please know how appreciated these posts are I would love to see an example meal plan for your family's dinners each week, if possible!

March 22, 2016 at 6:57 pm

such a sweet sweet compliment t. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment it totally made my day. So glad you enjoy these posts as well. xo

Kelly L
    March 16, 2016 at 3:02 am

Thank you! These are my favorite, and really looking forward to Day in Meals post =)!

I am now preggo, but my typical splurges used to be cocktails (holla), pizza, and truffle fries! These days my splurges are pizza and truffle fries, juice, anything with carbs, sweets, and kids cereal (the bad sugary kind). I'm terrible! I continue to eat fairly healthy at work, but when i get home i have no self control, everything is fair game.

Andee, how did you keep your eating habits under control when you were pregnant? Any tips? I followed you when you were pregnant and you seemed to keep your eating habits fairly the same as you do now. Come the evenings for me and i overindulge X 10 :/.

I love all the skinny taste recipes, i even have the cookbook! Do you follow Jessica Sepal at all http://www.jessicasepel.com? She is a nutritionist and has very delicious/healthy recipes. The only thing is that some of the recipes are time consuming and/or have a lot of ingredients. I'm all about quick and easy!

Beautygirl 24
    March 16, 2016 at 3:07 am

Your health posts are my favorite! I always get new ideas for healthy meals. We all appreciate them!

March 22, 2016 at 6:57 pm

thanks Noelle! So nice to hear love xo

Rachel
    March 16, 2016 at 3:38 am

I don't drink alcohol (never have) so my splurge items tend to be ice cream, donuts, or unhealthy cereal.

March 16, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Hi Andee! I have a three year old and 5 month old at home. My question for you is, do Ava and Luca eat the same as what you eat or do you cook separately for them? I would like to eat more cleanly but I also don't want to turn dinner into a crazy scene where I am making two different dishes. Further, I don't want my daughter to look at what I'm eating and get a complex about eating a particular way to stay slim. Do you ever worry about this? I don't want to give them food complexes before they're even old enough to realize what a food complex is! (For example, if I sit down to dinner eating something different than what the kids and hubby is eating, my daughter asks "why am I eating xyz?" I never want to say "because I'm being healthy" because I'm worried that automatically implies that what they're eating is unhealthy. We, as a family, eat lots of fruits, veggies and lean proteins, but the truth is that my kids like mac and cheese and sloppy joes from time to time! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

March 17, 2016 at 6:39 am

What brand of sunglasses are those?! 🙂

March 17, 2016 at 1:39 pm

LOVE these honeybee health posts, please keep doing them! xoxo

Shadowy Lady
    March 17, 2016 at 8:47 pm

I add my voice to the crowd that these posts are my faves and I actually get tons of inspiration from them 🙂

I have a terrible sweet tooth so that is where I splurge 😛 not too big on cocktails but I do have a glass of wine with dinner almost every night. I have a very demanding and quite stressful job and the wine really helps to chill me out.

Brittany Mocerino
    November 1, 2016 at 6:39 pm

Can I ask how you cook your turkey burgers? I feel like every time I cook mine they get too crispy on outside.

November 1, 2016 at 6:45 pm

hi love I just grill mine in a pan with a little olive oil and sea salt xoox