Andee Layne baby Lifestyle

Ava’s First Christmas Tree

blogger-image-1767105268-5
 Its Ava’s first Christmas and even though I’m pretty positive she won’t remember a thing from this year, it just makes Christmas so much more special being able to share all of the Christmas joy with her!
Ava was mesmerized by her first Christmas tree!
and of course wanted to touch everything on the tree!
If you follow the Honeybee on FB or Twitter you’ve seen that we put our tree up last weekend! I still have a few more decorations for the house I hope to put up later this week!
I’ve been eyeing this bright red wreath from Target for awhile now and  finally decided we NEEDED it for our Mantel. Our stockings are hung and were waiting for Ava’s…her’s is being specially made by her Memaw!
How about you ladies…Do you have all your Christmas decor up already?! I always try to put it up right after Thanksgiving so we can enjoy them as long as possible!

Tess
    December 3, 2012 at 4:35 pm

The house looks so festive! I love that you guys get to celebrate sweet Ava's first Christmas! I can't even imagine how much more fun it makes the entire holiday season. Enjoy!

howtoruninheels
    December 3, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Your pictures of Ava are priceless! You should frame them. God bless you and your family this Christmas!

December 3, 2012 at 4:43 pm

Love your christmas tree but your living room even more! So simple yet elegant and classy.

xo Vanessa

Krista Luna
    December 3, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Your tree looks beautiful! And the pictures of Ava and the tree are adorable! Love the one of her reaching out!

We put up our tree and decorated on Thankgiving this year 🙂 I like enjoying it as long as possible too

xo,
    Krista
    Styled By The Moon

Dee Vine
    December 3, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I love love love the pictures you took of Ava with the tree – it makes me so excited to one day have a baby of my own and to be able to share that feeling!

Our outside lights and wreath have been up for 2 weeks now but we plan on finishing all the indoor decor this weekend – we have 2 trees to put up and I hope to come up with some sort of mantle decor so your picture is a great inspiration!

Melissa
    December 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm

The tree looks beautiful!

Just Another Shopaholic
    December 3, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Your tree is beautiful, hope Ava enjoys her Christmas!!

December 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm

thanks hun…same to you! xo

AlyciaMealy
    December 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm

its beautiful! We do have ours up also! http://alyciamealy.blogspot.com

xoxo,
    alycia

December 3, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Your tree is so beautiful and classy? Did you go with a fresh tree or an artificial one? I'm torn because my family has always gotten fresh trees, but I'm worried about my LO eating trying to eat pine needles, and artificial trees always look perfect. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

LizNoVeggieGirl
    December 3, 2012 at 6:22 pm

Such beautiful decor! It's a family tradition to hang up the stockings and decorate the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving – so yes, everything is up at my home 🙂

December 4, 2012 at 4:00 pm

us too Liz! Although my hubby was being lazy this year on Thanksgiving so we had a wait a couple days for him to pull everything out of the garage!

genevieve
    December 3, 2012 at 6:31 pm

So beautiful! And the picture of Ava reaching for the tree is just perfect. What a wonderful Christmas keepsake! I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant, and we are so excited to celebrate with our little one next year. xo!

December 4, 2012 at 4:01 pm

awww how exciting! congrats!

December 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I loooove everything about your style (home/clothes/etc.), so classy and stylish. This is totally random but can you do an updated hair style post??

December 4, 2012 at 3:59 pm

thank you so much xo Which specifics on hair care do you want to know…a certain way I style it or what products i use?

Alisha
      December 4, 2012 at 10:45 pm

I'd love to know both but mostly how you get your soft curls/waves like in the IG pic of your new color! Thanksss 🙂

Erin
    December 3, 2012 at 6:49 pm

How do you take pictures of the tree lights that well?! I tried forever and had the worst time ever.

December 4, 2012 at 3:58 pm

oh no ;( I used a regular Nikon camera (def couldn't capture these with the trusty iPhone) I also didn't use a flash.

December 3, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Aww, so cute! She wants to snatch one of the ornaments right off the tree and I don't blame her lol. Your house looks beautiful!

SS
    December 3, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Ava looks mesmerized by your beautiful tree! Soooo cute!! That red wreath is absolutely gorgeous. It looks amazing hanging on your mantel. BTW – thank you sooo much for the tip about the lululemon gym pants with a prego belly.

December 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

your so welcome hun…hope your feeling great!

Manda
    December 3, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Beautiful decor!
    First Christmas Trees are so fun- the Parents of the Child I care for- opted to putting a "child gate" around the tree because there was no stopping him! 🙂

Love From,
    Manda @ Eat Cake

December 4, 2012 at 3:57 pm

you know i think we will be doing that next year for sure!

December 3, 2012 at 7:54 pm

So sweet! Love the tree and how it glows! Gorgeous!

Pretty Affairs
    December 3, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Great photos! Beautiful decorations and christmas tree. Ava is so cute.
    Love your style xx
    You have a new follower:)

Four Seasons Style
    December 3, 2012 at 8:40 pm

So sweet 🙂 I have a 9 month old myself and we are setting our tree up tonight. Not putting it in the family room this year as we usually do becuase I KNOW she will find a way to eat something off the tree when I turn my back 😉
    Looks beautiful!
    XO
    Jessy

December 4, 2012 at 3:56 pm

lol yes Ava already tried eating the needles off our garland!

Anna
    December 3, 2012 at 8:58 pm

awe i love the photos of her by the christmas tree!!

We took some amazing photos of landon this weekend and I have to post!

merry xmas!

December 4, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Oh ill have to come by and check them out! ox

Linzi Scarsella
    December 3, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Oh Andee, your pictures of Ava are so sweet. Your tree is something I'd see in Macys. I love your home decor also. You have such good taste. You're sooo lucky Ava that doesn't try to pull it down! We have our tree gated off. Lol 🙂

December 4, 2012 at 3:51 pm

thanks love! I am worried about Ava getting into it…def will be putting a gate up next year for sure!

alicia
    December 3, 2012 at 10:53 pm

She is too freakin cute!! xo

Heather Derocco
    December 4, 2012 at 1:36 am

Those pictures of Ava are simply priceless!!! Adorable! And your tree is stunning.

December 4, 2012 at 2:25 am

those pictures are precious!

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture
    December 4, 2012 at 3:25 am

Awwww sooooo pretty! I'm totally digging all of Ava's adventures babe! She is the most adorable tot around the blogosphere these days…I swear you NEED a tumblr just to capture her smiles! Can't wait to see how she opens up presents Xmas morn!

Thank you for stopping by with such awesome feedback love! Hope to see you back soon to enter my giveaway!

xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

December 4, 2012 at 3:50 pm

your so sweet Julie! loving all your holiday decor posts lately!

katie ridings
    December 4, 2012 at 3:44 am

I love the reef and mirror!! I saw something similair on pinterest but with a chalkboard!! looks awesome.

December 4, 2012 at 3:53 am

So sweet – I have a pic of Sophia looking at the tree like this as well. Love the wreath! xo

December 4, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Christmas has a whole new meaning for us this year 😉

December 4, 2012 at 10:37 am

I have that same wreath too! Great purchase! P.S It also works for Valentines day!

=)Brooke

December 4, 2012 at 3:49 pm

lol I was thinking the exact same thing! Good to know it works for Vday!

Cara
    December 4, 2012 at 3:02 pm

your tree looks beautiful! So does little Ava!

Jessica [MOSCATO VILLA]
    December 4, 2012 at 7:41 pm

Your house looks like you've got great taste in decor! Wishing we had a fireplace in ours…

December 4, 2012 at 11:52 pm

beautiful pics! i just love that baby!!!

Emilie Rivera
    December 5, 2012 at 2:34 am

Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous!! And what a home! It's beautiful!

Gigi
    December 5, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Love this post- so sweet! Your baby cheeks are tooo much!!
    Tree is beautiful!!!! Could you share where you could find pretty metallic ornaments- been looking for ones like the ball cluster ones forever 🙂

December 5, 2012 at 6:06 pm

thanks Gigi we purchased these a couple years from Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware (sorry I can't remember which one exactly)

The Fashionable ESQ
    December 6, 2012 at 12:26 pm

The first couple of pictures are so touching and gorgeous. A moment captured in time. So cute 🙂
    I love the look of the red wreath against the mercury glass – it looks super chic.

xx
    The Fashionable ESQ

Janet
    December 6, 2012 at 7:03 pm

The pictures of Ava mesmerized by your tree just melt my heart! I can't wait to have a little one. She is such a doll!

Also, I LOVE your decor style!! Do you mind telling me where you purchased your sofa? The one with the "French" pillow? That shape is what I've been searching for!

Thanks so much letting us peek into your lovely home 🙂

December 8, 2012 at 6:24 am

Is there any way you could/would post some more pics of your Xmas tree? It looks like is amazing and I would just like to see more of if.

October 13, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Can you please tell me where you got the simple stocking hooks from? I can't find any that are simple and clean like yours. thank you!

December 10, 2013 at 2:17 am

Hi Andee,

I know you posted this picture a year ago, but I have come across your blog in the last month and I am forever a follower! I love how you have a mixture of high and low in your house/wardrobe! Could you please tell me where you got your coffee table and side tables from??

Thank you!