Andee Layne Fashion

Lighter Locks

securedownload-6-5

I’ve had black hair for 10+ years and was way overdue for a change! After several trips to the salon I FINALLY was able to get all of the black out! It was definitely a process but I’m happy with my new lighter locks. I love dark hair and miss it sometimes but this is a softer look and a fun change. I posted this pic of it on instagram yesterday. Several of you asked about my top, so I wanted to post a link for you (posted below).

Its actually on sale right now as well….

*Click on the set for more details

Kate
    November 26, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I love your new hair, but I've always loved your hair… pretty sure you could pull of any color!

November 26, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Very pretty Andee, as I said on IG πŸ™‚ I love darker hair too, but sometimes a change is necessary! I think you could pull of any color! Love the lighter hair on you.

November 26, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Love the hair! Be sure to use purple shampoo to keep it from getting brassy. I recommend blonda by unite πŸ™‚

Also, what size are you wearing in the top? I love how it fits you!

November 26, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Also, what size are you wearing in the top? I love how it fits you!

November 26, 2012 at 5:54 pm

thanks hun i got a size S.

November 26, 2012 at 5:54 pm

and thanks for the tip on the shampoo ill definitely check ii out!!

November 26, 2012 at 5:47 pm

cute hair! it`s definitely a softer look for you, but really really pretty!

Elise
    November 26, 2012 at 6:09 pm

You pull of both hair colors well but I think I prefer this lighter shade on you! Def softens and brightens up your features.

November 27, 2012 at 5:08 am

thankyou Elise! Its nice to hear that as I'm kind of missing my dark hair lol

November 26, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Hi Andee, I love your hair! Could you post a non-instagram photo of it sometime? Instagram is neat, but sometimes I like pictures a bit clearer if it's for fashion or beauty!Have a great week!:)
    -Mary

November 27, 2012 at 5:08 am

i hear you Mary…the filters throw things off. I will def post a pic of it again and without filter

Linzi Scarsella
    November 26, 2012 at 7:45 pm

California girl =)

Vienna H.
    November 26, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Your hair looks lovely! Love the top too. So sad that I can't order from that site because I don't have a credit card πŸ™

November 26, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Loving your lighter locks, you can pull off anything! I've been dying to lighten up my naturally black hair but im so scared of the process!

November 27, 2012 at 4:57 am

your too sweet thank you! I will say it was seriously a process and i don't have a lot of patience so brace yourself if your going to do it lol

pretty little things
    November 26, 2012 at 10:52 pm

the hair is looking gorgeous girl! is your natural hair color lighter or darker? xo

November 27, 2012 at 4:56 am

my natural hair color is a very dark brown

girlonsycamore
    November 27, 2012 at 12:52 am

love the hair and the top…you look great!

November 27, 2012 at 3:15 am

Hi Andee,

Love the lighter hair! I have also gone lighter after years of having dark brown hair and I love it. I feel like I don't have to wear as much makeup, which I like. Also, you posted a pic on instragram of your family at a picnic. Could you please tell me where the dress you are wearing is from? Its so gorgeous!

November 27, 2012 at 4:55 am

thanks hun I'm still getting used to it (as i loved having dark hair) but am feeling the softer color. The dress in the pic was actually from Old Navy. I'm not sure if they still have in store bc I purchased it a few months ago πŸ™

November 27, 2012 at 3:24 am

Your hair looks great!! You could wear any color of the rainbow and you would still look good! I love that makeup, can you share a breakdown, please?

November 27, 2012 at 4:54 am

thank you! you are too kind! Im wearing estee lauder double wear foundation…on my eyes i forget what is on the lid (ill have to double check) but i know its Mac saddle in the crease and Mac Swiss Chocolate in the outer V. NYC liquid liner and Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara.

Natasha
    November 27, 2012 at 3:35 am

LOVING the new locks lady!! you look gorgeous

allergic to vanilla
    November 27, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Looks good, A, the curls at end are quintessentially you- I'd love to see you in the faux bob one day! πŸ˜‰

xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

November 27, 2012 at 6:34 pm

You look good in light and dark hair. Lucky you!!! What blush and lip color are you wearing? You face looks great very glory!!

November 27, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Cute top but $59.00??? To rich for my blood.

K.Lynne Photography
    November 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I need some HELP.
    I just purchased a pair of Hudson coated skinny jeans from Nordstrom, called "krista." I usually have no problem putting outfits together, but for some reason when I brought these home, I'm at a loss as to what to wear with them. Maybe because they are such a unique style. But I'm having serious "fashion block" with them. Can you do a post about different things to wear with them? Shoes included! I would love that! I still have the tags on them because I'm just not sure.
    Thanks!

goodbadandfab
    November 30, 2012 at 4:17 am

Great look, great blog! I've partnered with famed Bev Hills dermatologist on a fab holiday giveaway! Oprah just named The Lancer Method Luxury Skincare Collection ($300) as one of her favorite things and I'm giving away one set to a lucky reader! http://www.goodbadandfab.com/2012/11/oprahs-favorite-things-lancer-skincare-gift.html

Hope you enter. Good luck!

goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane