Andee Layne Nutrition

Honeybee Health: Random Shots

Many of you ask about my workout plan and for more of these Honeybee Health shots so i’m trying to make them a weekly post! Life is so busy lately that I really just don’t get into the gym 5 days a week like I used to. I would say it’s more like 2-3 times a week now but the biggest thing for me is continuing to eat clean. Whether its eating out or cooking for my family I try to keep it consistent. Here are some random shots from last week…
Easy weekly vegetable prepping! These are more for my hubby on the go but great for the diaper bag and in the car as well! I cut up all these organic veggies and portion them out in Ziplocs. I eat them raw or sometimes with hummus. The hubby tosses his with a little balsamic dressing. Either way they’re super easy, filling and low in calories!
Simply OBSESSED! I try to buy the smaller container so I won’t take on all the extra calories but its still better for you than soda or sugary juices. 😉
A quick breakfast at home… Whole grain toast, thin spread of almond butter, half a banana, topped with ground chia see and a little agave nectar.

Out to Mother’s for breakfast I had the Celia breakfast bowl: Egg whites, brown rice, black beans, vegan cheese, 1/2 an avocado and some salsa. I’ve posted on this at home recipe before HERE.

Trying to keep it healthy while out to dinner at an Italian restaurant : Grilled Salmon and an arugula salad with lemon dressing, shaved parmesan and of course a nice glass of vino!
I came across these low acid organic espresso beans at Whole Foods recently and had to try! They’re infused with acai, green tea and pomegranate…bring on the antioxidants! It actually tasted pretty good! I would recommend if you are looking for a low acid coffee bean and if you’re not really into that strong full coffee flavor.
Okay i’ve mentioned before i’m a girl who “picks and chooses”. Normally I save my calories for things that are really worth it and for me its usually cocktails and sweets. I not a huge pizza or fried food person but now that i’ve discovered “Z Pizza” I think i’m in trouble 😉 I love all the healthy options they offer including gluten free and organic items. I create my own pizza with tomatoes, arugula, olives, onions, peppers, grilled chicken (no sausage, bacon or pepperoni here) and EASY cheese and its DELISH! I try to make it as healthy as possible but its still a ton of carbs so I try to balance it out but filling up on their salad first….(pictured below)

and another healthy option when ordering out for the family from Pei Wei. They love the orange chicken and lo mein… to me it’s not worth my calories. I order steamed veggies, chicken and brown rice along with the gluten free Vietnamese spring rolls.

and lastly YES I have sweets EVERYDAY! I try to keep it under 200 calories but I just need a little something everyday to satisfy those cravings. If I don’t listen to my body and deprive myself I just end up going HAM 😉 later and over doing it. I’ve posted on this double chocolate cookie before and half of it is more than enough to do it 😉

I hope this was helpful for you ladies! Just try to make small changes everyday that you can stick to!

March 5, 2014 at 11:50 pm

I love seeing these post please do them weekly they really are motivating!

March 7, 2014 at 5:49 am

thank you…im really going to make an effort to be more consistent with them for you girls! xo

Linh Vo
    March 6, 2014 at 12:47 am

Looks great Andee! The term "everything in moderation" has saved my life! I cannot resist sweets either 🙂 That Z-pizza looks amazing!!!!
    Linh

March 7, 2014 at 5:50 am

right?! it took me awhile to find a good balance but I've definitely found it now 😉

Tania Mills
    March 6, 2014 at 1:58 am

Thank you so much for posting! It is encouraging and motivating to see other moms "balance it all". I too always save my calories for SWEETSSSS!

March 6, 2014 at 3:07 am

Always love these posts! We just ate at Pei Wei and I ordered the steamed chicken/veggies/rice with the spring rolls and it was DELISH! You should start a series of What Would Andee Eat showing items that you would choose off menus when dining out. I bet it would be hugely popular!!! 😉

March 7, 2014 at 5:51 am

awwww yeah! So glad you liked it too! You're so sweet maybe i will start doing those 😉 I know it is SO difficult esp when going out to eat.

Abby Williams
    March 6, 2014 at 3:08 am

I always really enjoy these kine of posts! I would love to see them weekly! They keep my inspired to make healthier choices. 🙂

mydearveronica.blogspot.com

March 7, 2014 at 5:47 am

thanks Abby! So nice to hear you ladies enjoy them too!

Ashley @ Life on the Parsons Farm
    March 6, 2014 at 4:26 am

I love these posts. Wish I could get my better half on board. It's so much easier when you have the support of someone who doesn't bring in the tempting foods!!

atparsons.blogspot.com

March 7, 2014 at 5:49 am

yes i totally agree! My hubby likes healthy food but he is ALWAYS trying to tempt me with bad things too 😉

Ana B
    March 6, 2014 at 4:57 am

i really love these posts. keep 'em coming! XO

March 7, 2014 at 5:46 am

Thanks love! So glad you enjoy them as well! xo

A Momma in Training
    March 6, 2014 at 11:56 am

I just started dieting and exercising to get the baby weight off so i love these posts and the ideas they give me. Thanks for sharing!

March 7, 2014 at 5:46 am

of course! Its so nice to hear you ladies like these posts too!

Rachel Marie
    March 6, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hey Andee! This is very helpful, thanks for posting!! It's nice getting ideas from you such as the veggies in a bag on the go. I know it seems so basic and simple, but I need to try that because I'm sure if it's sitting there ready to grab, it'll be easier to eat healthier. 🙂

March 7, 2014 at 5:45 am

exactly I find meal prepping helps SO much!

Janet H.
    March 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Love this – really helpful and motivating! I think my biggest problem is portion control – you mentioned carbs and calories, do you have specific numbers of each that you track and try to stay under?

March 7, 2014 at 5:44 am

you know i dont really strictly count my calories, I just kind of do a rough estimate. I def try to keep it at around 2000 calories.

Shelbie
    March 6, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Hi Andee! Thanks for doing more health posts! It's really nice to get some new ideas. While I am happy with my current weight, I am working on toning and have seen a change already by making better eating choices! I wanted to ask if you use a specific type of coffee creamer? My morning cup of coffee is a ritual, but I also don't want to ruin my day before it's begun with an unhealthy creamer. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Meghan O
      March 6, 2014 at 11:24 pm

We'll see what Andee suggests but I thought I'd share the one I found that you may want to try – Coffee Mate Natural Bliss. I buy the vanilla one which is very good, very sweet and only has 4 ingredients – non-fat milk, cream, sugar & natural vanilla flavor. I don't like using cream in hot coffee but I use it for iced coffee and I think this one is delicious!

March 7, 2014 at 5:43 am

I'm with meghan! My go to is the coffee mate natural bliss and have posted on it before. I love that it only has four ingredients and i just try to use it sparingly! I also just started using a coconut milk creamer i love and will post on soon! xo

shelbie muse
      March 10, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Awesome! Thank you ladies!

Brooke and Meggan of Somewhere, Lately
    March 6, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Love this – I'm in some ser-i-ous need for a swift kick in the ass to get back to eating healthy and getting in shape! That pizza looks seriously amazing! LOL – I go HAM every day these days! :I

xo

March 7, 2014 at 5:42 am

girl you look so good you dont even need to werk it out! ;))

Erin
    March 6, 2014 at 5:19 pm

These posts are great! You always have such good suggestions for things to make at home, as well as options for eating out. The pre-cut and portioned veggies seem like such a no-brainer, I can't believe I haven't thought of doing that before!

March 7, 2014 at 5:40 am

thanks Erin so glad you like them as well! xo

Cmcneeley
    March 6, 2014 at 10:36 pm

omg SO crazy you posted about Z Pizza!! My husband and I were obsessed with that place when we lived in Cali. We were just talking about it the other day. We are in Utah know and compare it all to that place 🙂 I love your food posts and that you still eat what love with moderation and exercise.

March 7, 2014 at 5:41 am

ugh im kind of mad I finally gave in a tried it lol…sooo good! So glad you enjoy my food posts as well! xo

Meghan O
    March 6, 2014 at 11:13 pm

No Z Pizza around here but their salad looks really delicious, can you elaborate on what's in it (including any dressing)? I'd like to try to make something similar at home.

March 7, 2014 at 5:40 am

hi hun so the salad is a mediterranean salad and has sliced tomatoes, kalmata olives, cucumbers and feta cheese. It came with a balsamic vinaigrette. xo

Al
    March 7, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Love your blog so much. Very inspiring. Where do you get the cookies?