Nutrition

Honeybee Health // Tips for Staying on Track During the Holidays

Alright ladies a few of you requested a Honeybee Health post so here’s a quick little round up of recent meals, grocery store finds and some tips for staying on track during the holidays!

It’s that time of year where temptation yumminess is all around us! I’m all about those extra little holiday indulges but just try not to go H.A.M  😉 at every chance you get. During the holidays I try to keep my eating during the week on track as best as I can. With so many parties and social outings  I always end up having way more sweets and cocktails than I normally should so healthy ordering while I’m out and meal prepping at home have been in full force lately….

Out to lunch and had this healthy (and yummy) rotisserie Chicken, brown rice, arugla and parmesan bowl. It was tasty and super filling!

fullsizerender-572

Out to dinner at an Italian restaurant with the fam bam last night and I opted for the Kale salad and added Salmon. I asked them to hold the breadcrumbs and pancetta that came on it and it still tasted amazing with out. I also had a glass of wine and snuck a few bites of the kiddos pizza.

Processed with VSCO with c4 preset Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

I’m so glad that we have so many healthy options available to us here in SoCal! I had some meetings in LA a few weeks ago and I ordered this healthy grilled chicken and brown rice bowl…and I’m totally craving it again today!

fullsizerender-569

Treat YO’self!

It’s the holidays after all so just try to keep your indulgences in moderation. The pumpkin pie at Urth Caffe in Laguna is AMAZING! Pumpkin Pie is actually one of the lower calorie pie options out there (if you’re keeping track). This one was quite a large portion so I shared it will the hubby  and also had a yummy honey vanilla latte…HEAVEN!

and a few more tips for to stay on the track during the holidays…

1.) Try to stick to wine and bubbly (or a liquor with soda water) instead of creamy cocktails and punches. The calories and fat in those drinks can add up quickly!

I also try (“try” being the key word) 😉 not to drink during the week so I can indulge in a couple glasses on the weekend.

2.) Always eat before you arrive to a party

Chances are you are going to indulge when you get there so it’s better to not come ravenous and to eat something healthy before you arrive to avoid over indulging in all the comfort food appetizers.

3.) And if you do a little too much overindulging just add on an extra 30 minutes of cardio the next day!

Trust me you’ll feel so much better after you do!

fullsizerender-575

and a little grocery cart check in!

These are pretty much the standard items you will find in my cart every week. I always keep tons of veggies, fruits and lean proteins on hand. I don’t know about you but I always eat SO much better when I have a fully stocked and prepped fridge! Those chicken meatballs are for the kids but are so good I eat them too!

fullsizerender-573

Weekly prep in the works!

Early on in the week I try to do some sort of prep like this with lean proteins and roasted veggies. This week was grilling up some turkey burgers and roasting some asparagus and brussel sprouts. I just toss the veggies in olive oil and sea salt and roast them on 400 for about 20 – 25 minutes. We are all SO busy during the week so having these healthy options on hand makes staying on track so much easier.

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

and I usually steam up a big pot of rice to have on hand for the week as well but I always buy these organic rice pouches that we can microwave in a hurry too.

fullsizerender-568

and ladies when I get down…I get down!

If you’re in Orange County the pineapple upside down cake at Wildfish is hands down the best dessert I’ve ever had (way better than Mastro’s butter cake) but be warned it is crazy rich…which I love! Like you’re going to be nauseous when you’re done;) They serve it with butter pecan ice cream and this amazing caramel sauce and it’s out of control!

Rushing off now because Luca’s waking up from his nap  but if you girls have any questions or requests  for future Honeybee Health posts just let me know! I have school lunches on line up for next week!

rachel
    November 11, 2016 at 1:18 am

Alwaysss love these posts! which restaurant was the chicken and rice bowl from in LA it looks amazing! also where was that yummy pineapple cake from? would love a roundup of your fav OC food spots!

November 11, 2016 at 2:05 am

hi babe the rice bowl in LA was at a place on 3rd called Goldies and sorry totally need to update the post as i forgot to mention the cake is from Wildfish in Newport Beach!

Summer Watters
    November 11, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Hi Andee! I know you’ve said that you’ve been 115 pounds for years now but do you have a range that you like to stay in? Or do you ever fluctuate? I struggle with how strict I should be. Thanks!!

November 11, 2016 at 2:38 pm

hi babe you know I honestly have probably been this weight (minus two pregnancies 😉 for about 10 years now! I really think just sticking with this lifestyle kind of clean eating style choices is the reason. I really am pretty disciplined most of the time but definitely give into those indulge as well!

Christa
    November 11, 2016 at 1:53 pm

Thank you so much for these posts!!! It’s nice to see how you keep it all together as a busy mom. Love your balance girl. Do you know how many calories you eat in a day? Keep being you! 👌🏼

November 11, 2016 at 2:35 pm

thank you so much Christa! Im definitely not making it to the gym as much as I used to these days ;( so keeping my eating on track is key! I would say I aim for about 1700 and probably end up more around 2000ish. Hope this helps and thanks for the love xoox

mel
    November 11, 2016 at 2:54 pm

love these posts! I feel like they really make your blog stand out from the rest and it’s authentic to you!

Melissa
    November 11, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Hi Andee! I love these posts. It really helps me stay in check. Just curious..how tall are you? It helps to know that for fit of some of the clothing as well! You can never tell in pictures! Thanks!

November 11, 2016 at 3:24 pm

LOVE hearing you girls love these posts too 😉 and I am only 5’4

Emily | Social Dearest Blog
    November 11, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Always love the honeybee health posts!! I always appreciate your meal substitutions at restaurants and your grocery item reviews. Wish this was weekly 😉 xx

November 11, 2016 at 4:02 pm

thanks girl! I keep trying to get them up weekly but things just get crazy around here. Ill definitely try to post these more xoxo

Heather
    November 11, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Love these health posts!! Great reminders for when I need to get back on track. I also love that you include the kiddos food/snack items. Healthy snacks for kids is a never ending/ongoing battle in my household! How often do you work out, & what sort of exercises/classes do you do on the regular?

November 11, 2016 at 4:09 pm

thanks so much babe! I’ll definitely include these in the next post!

November 11, 2016 at 4:09 pm

and girl i hear you on the never ending kiddo snack struggle!

Sarah DiCiurcio
    November 11, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Where is that first dish from?!? Please tell me in the OC area, that looks delish! Honeybee Health posts are some of my favorites! Keep them coming!

November 11, 2016 at 5:32 pm

hi babe it’s from Zinque in the new Lido Marina Village

Alissa
    November 11, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Always love your health posts! I think that’s how I originally found you years ago! Please take me to get that pineapple upside-down deliciousness if I ever get out there! Holy yum! Happy Friday mama!

xoxo ~ Alissa

November 11, 2016 at 7:04 pm

awww thanks babe! and yessss def put that cake on your list!

Krystal Rahman
    November 11, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Thanks! These posts are my fav!

November 11, 2016 at 7:04 pm

So glad you love them too! xo

Megan Hinners
    November 11, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Would love to see a full post on your meal prepping! Love this post, thanks Andee! 😘

November 12, 2016 at 4:09 pm

thanks for the request babe, ill put together a more in depth post for you girls xo

Holly
    November 12, 2016 at 2:36 am

I LOVED this!! Thank you so much for sharing. Your healthy meals look delicious! I’m jealous and inspired to get creative with my own salads.

November 12, 2016 at 4:09 pm

thanks babe glad you enjoy these too!

Mary
    November 12, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Keep these posts coming! Would love for you to add quick weekday meals you make for yourself and the kiddos. Can’t have enough of those!!

November 13, 2016 at 2:52 am

okay will do! Thanks for the request love! xo

Lisa
    November 14, 2016 at 12:40 pm

These health posts are also my favorite. It’s refreshing to see what thin, beautiful women actually eat (so many swear they eat pizza, deep fried foods, and other junk on the daily). Thanks for sharing!

November 14, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Thanks Lisa I always try to keep it 100 with you girls. I definitely make an effort to eat clean and always think its important to show that it does take work xo

BETH GANN
    November 17, 2016 at 12:22 am

i LIVE for your nutrition posts!! thank you so much for doing them, help me stay on track and give me great inspiration!! really appreciate it

November 17, 2016 at 5:22 am

thanks so much babe! So glad to hear you girls love them too xo

kristen
    November 22, 2016 at 3:52 pm

omg i must try wildfish now! that looks soooooo good!!! and i’ll be going to zinque in newport today bc you’ve been posting so much about it! Hope you have a great thanksgiving week!

November 22, 2016 at 5:38 pm

oh hope you love it too! The rotisserie chicken bowl is amazing!