Andee Layne Nutrition

A Day in Meals

Alright my lovely ladies, as promised i’m sharing my “Day in Meals” post today. Let me start by saying something I have completely lagged in lately is my meal prepping (you girls remember I used to do it all the time back in the day?!) and my workouts. I feel like ever since Mr. Luca came life just went into overdrive and took busy to another level. Also blogging may seem like an easy breezy thing but trust me when I say it takes up ALOT of time. Okay sorry for the rant but I am on a mission to figure out a better balance so I can get back to regular meal prepping and workouts! All that being said I think making conscious decisions about what I am putting into my body has helped a lot with staying in shape. So here’s what a typical day in meals looks like for me….
The kids are up and at em’ by 6:30 every morning so I start with COFFFFEEEE. I use organic half and half creamer and a little agave. After about an hour I start to get hungry so i’ll have these Van’s Protein Waffles with a little peanut butter and a little agave or syrup. I pretty much always have a second cup of coffee and if I wanted to cut calories I should cut out the creamer and agave buuuuut  Let Me Live! lol
Hungry in-between meals I go for a 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with a few spoonfuls of granola with almonds. (This one is by Bear Naked is my favorite)
Lunch time (at around 2pm) lately looks a little something like this…Avocado toast with an over easy egg and an apple. I was still hungry after this so I scrambled up another egg. I always attempt to watch my portion sizes but lets not get crazy…if you’re still hungry…eat!
We are always running around so on the go snacks are a must in our house. I will share more of my favorites with you on the next Honeybee Health Random Shots post but on this particular day I had this Dark Chocolate Fruit & Nut Bar (so yummy!)
Dinners have been quick and easy around here lately. I really need to get back into making some more exciting dinners but this night was Chicken Sausages (from Trader Joe’s) with sautรฉed onions, peppers and spinach with black beans and steamed rice. So good, easy and healthy!
We always have snacks after dinner. I know people say cut off snacks after 7pm etc buttt having snacks and watching shows after the kids are down is our favorite time. I’ve been on popcorn kick lately so I usually have a bowl (I get the Orville “Naturals” one from Target) and steal the kids juice boxes. I think I’ve said it before but I’m not a huge water drinker and juice is full of so many empty calories so these juice boxes (and the Honest juice boxes) are a compromise. They’re watered down juice and only have around 50 calories.

and some nights if the popcorn isn’t enough, i’ll have one of these too. If you girls haven’t tried these yet put em’ on your list!

You can also add an additional 100 -200 calories for me for the random snacks throughout the day. I consider myself a pretty disciplined person but as much as I try to avoid it, I always end up snacking on the kids left overs too. Chicken Nugget taste testing, PB & Jelly crust sampling and Mac n’ Cheese spoonfuls go down over here too.

I hope this was helpful for you girls and if you have any other questions or things you’d like to know please feel free to ask!

Krystal Rahman
    April 21, 2016 at 1:08 am

Thanks for the post! I think the food and travel posts are my fav!

April 21, 2016 at 1:47 am

Thanks for this! I love the honeybee health series! Which organic half and half creamer do you use? Also, what kind of milk do you get when you order lattes? Almond, coconut, nonfat, 2%, or whole?

May 8, 2016 at 4:26 am

I just use an organic one by Horizon. As for my lattes I now use whole milk so that I dont have to add any kind of sweetener or artificial sweetener with it. xo

Alissa
    April 21, 2016 at 3:20 am

Always love your food posts! They always give me some new ideas! Thanks mama!

xoxo ~ Alissa

May 8, 2016 at 4:24 am

so glad to hear you girls love them too! xo

April 21, 2016 at 3:26 am

Love these posts, as always! And love how real you keep them too! xx

Sarah
    April 21, 2016 at 10:16 am

These posts are my favorites! I love to get ideas (and motivation) from them!

May 8, 2016 at 4:25 am

So nice to hear Sarah! Thank you! xo

April 21, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Please do more of these kind of posts- as a matter of fact, make it a weekly thing please! LOL xoxo

May 8, 2016 at 4:23 am

๐Ÿ˜‰ So glad you girls love them too!

Kelly L
    April 21, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Love this! Thanks for posting, hope there are more "day in meals" along with honeybee health posts to come! Think I need to start doing more of what you are doing with smaller meals and snacks in between :). Otherwise I just end up overeating at night when I get home because I'm so hungry!
    -do you count calories or just watch portion control? If so, how many calories do you aim for in a day?
    -do you cook your black beans any special way? Or just heat them up? I'll cook up some trader joes sasuages with veggies, but yours looks way better with the rice and black beans!

May 8, 2016 at 4:22 am

Hi babe,
      I used to count calories but it got a little to overwhelming (especially now with the kiddos) so I just try my best to gauge it.I used to aim for 1700 calories but always end up more around 2000. As for the black beans I just heat them up on the stove and add a little sea salt.

Danaea Hagopian
    April 21, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Love these posts! Always gives me great new ideas!

Malinda Bruiners
    April 21, 2016 at 8:05 pm

Love these health posts! I would also love to see a day of what your kiddos eat. I'm a Mama to 1 1/2 year old twins and I'm always looking for some different ideas.

May 8, 2016 at 4:20 am

I was just thinking I should include some of what I make and buy for the kiddos! Will def add it to my post list! xo

Kelly Popovski
    April 21, 2016 at 8:39 pm

I've been following your blog for years and love it! You motivate so many young women and mommies. Thanks for the post! My question is more in relation to your workouts. How many times a week do you workout, for how long, and what do you do (HIIT, circuit, spinning, running, etc). Thanks and keep it up!

May 8, 2016 at 4:15 am

Such an amazing compliment Kelly! Thank you and for following along after all this time! Sorry I am just now responding….gets harder and harder to juggle it all each year ๐Ÿ˜‰ I will definitely include more details in my workout post soon!

MrsNJF
    April 21, 2016 at 9:52 pm

The honeybee health/nutrition has always been a favorite of mine. That is actually how I found your blog years ago. I would literally stalk your site when you were pregnant with Ava living in Miami for your post about food.

I also love that you are a carb girl!!! Everyone is so afraid of carbs and health fats where are you do not shy away.

May 8, 2016 at 4:17 am

awww i love that! Thank you and for following along for so long! I am trying to make these posts a weekly thing since you girls love them so! xoxo

Blacky
    April 21, 2016 at 10:16 pm

These are my favorite posts. You should totally make them a weekly thing.

I would also like to know if u consciously track your calories with an app or something or if you just eyeball it.

May 8, 2016 at 4:19 am

Hi love you know i used to track my calories back in the day but it got a little too intense. Now I just gauge it and try to stay on track as best I can. xo

Shadowy Lady
    April 22, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Andee – I know I've said it before, but these are my fave type of posts. I wish you did them more often. I think most of your readers can related to eating posts more than anything based on comments ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree with snacking after dinner. Hubby and I do it every night after Sofia is in bed. I got into making my own pistachio and saffron frozen yogurt (as homage to my Persian heritage) and hubby loves them ๐Ÿ™‚

May 8, 2016 at 4:13 am

oh that sounds really good! And yes I'm definitely going to try to make this a weekly post for you girls! Ps thank you for still following along after all these years! xo

Kamari Kids
    April 23, 2016 at 12:43 am

thanks for all the healthy ideas. I love popcorn at night, I just wish I could stop at just that, lol. I have an air popper and I buy the organic popcorn and it really makes a difference in the taste. You should try it. I get the popcorn from Eden foods.

May 8, 2016 at 4:11 am

ohhh i havent tried an air popper…which one do you have?!

Rebbie Maudlin
    April 23, 2016 at 3:59 pm

I am absolutely making the chicken sausage, beans, and rice dinner this week. Easy and healthy are what I need right now. Thanks for the idea to shop for this weekend.

May 8, 2016 at 4:10 am

thanks love ….its so good and so easy!

April 28, 2016 at 12:12 am

Chiming in here — love this post and would love more like it! (And maybe a post about what to pack when you're out and about? We do a lot of day trips with lunches at the park and whatnot, and getting meals together for myself and my little ones can be challenging. I don't like going out to eat with toddlers because…well…you name it! lol). I'm going to try the frozen pops. Good idea!

May 8, 2016 at 4:09 am

oh yes will definitely do a post with my snacks on the go! Thanks for the request love!