Andee Layne Fashion

denim on denim

denimdenim-5
Happy Monday honeys! Hope you ladies had a great weekend! Today’s post is one of my favorite go to looks…denim on denim! It’s so easy to wear and perfect for Fall. The key to wearing this look is selecting opposite wash denims. You don’t want it to be too matchy matchy (think Britneys Spears and Justin Timberlake in 2001 at the American Music Awards πŸ˜‰ So I go with a light top and dark wash bottoms. Here’s the look from last week…..

I’m obsessed with my Jannesa Leone fedora! It’s about as pricey as a rag & bone fedora but hats are something I tend to splurge on. The quality and fit are definitely worth it and they last for years! If you’re on a budget i’ve included a similar more affordable style from Topshop below.

(layered necklace details on previous post HERE)

Janessa Leone hat from Barney’s
Levi denim shirt from Urban Outfitters
Current Elliott denim
Alexander McQueen tote
You can steal the style with these pieces…

Linzi Scarsella
    November 18, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Seriously love this look, my favorite by far. The belt and hat are perfect accessories!

Karla Bell Bathrick
    November 18, 2013 at 6:11 pm

My favorite look!! And you look so pretty, thank you for sharing this outfit πŸ˜‰

November 20, 2013 at 4:59 am

thanks so much Karla and for always taking the time to comment xo

November 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Loving this look and wishing I was on Balboa Island with you!

November 20, 2013 at 4:57 am

me toooooooo!! Although I know ill be jealous once i start seeing all your beautiful snow pics!

November 18, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Love. Where is belt from? Wedges with that outfit?!

November 20, 2013 at 4:58 am

yes πŸ˜‰ wedges! And belt is from Barneys years ago but you can honestly get it a similar style at any second hand shop. Its just a really distressed leather belt

November 18, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Is it me or do this jeans look exactly like Hudson "Gwen" pants?? Lately, I think, I am loving your blog just because of all the amazing jeans you have been posting :). Also, love to see you finally smiling – you have such a beautiful smile and I simply can't understand why you don't smile more. If I had a smile like that, I would be smiling all the time….

November 20, 2013 at 4:56 am

yes they are very similar to the Gwens! And thanks so much for the compliment… I don't know why Ive just always been a closed mouth smiler πŸ˜‰

Faith
    November 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm

you are just stunning! LOVE all the looks you put on here!

November 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm

You look great in hats. Beauty breadown please. What do you wear on your lips and cheeks? You never look too made up, simply gorgeous.

November 20, 2013 at 4:50 am

thanks love! On my checks I'm wearing mac peaches blush and on my lips its my go to NYX lip liner in Natural with some chapstick.

Cheryl Clements
    November 18, 2013 at 7:44 pm

that hat is amazing! i love that you referred to the britney and jt denim fiasco haha! i also love the pics where you are smiling with your teeth – you have a gorgeous smile!

November 20, 2013 at 4:49 am

awww thanks hun! Its funny so many people noticed that. I don't know why i have just always done a closed mouth smile lol

November 18, 2013 at 7:49 pm

You're so fabulous! What is your Starbucks drink and what lipstick are you wearing?

November 18, 2013 at 10:42 pm

I second the Starbucks drink! I have been looking for a healthy (moderate) Starbucks recipe that wont send me through the calorie roof!

November 20, 2013 at 4:48 am

done and done! Starbucks post this week ladies! thanks for the request! as for the lipstick its just NYX lip liner in Natural and some chapstick

November 18, 2013 at 8:24 pm

What a beautiful smile!!! I'm stunned – seriously, it's dazzling πŸ˜€ your ensemble as a whole looks so warm and charming and I'm thinking of the old adage, "you're never fully dressed without a smile!" (don't get me wrong, you always look fabulous and gorgeous, but the teethy smile just takes it up a notch for me!) Just beautiful. -ACVargis (I can't be bothered logging out of my other account to comment lol, bear with!) xox

November 20, 2013 at 4:47 am

you're so kind hun thanks so much! xoxo

5thandvine
    November 18, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Great outfit! I love the flared jeans!

Amy

November 20, 2013 at 4:47 am

glad im not the only one digging the flares πŸ˜‰

Brooke N
    November 18, 2013 at 8:55 pm

I love denim on denim! You should have a fashion/beauty profile on Youtube! So so gorgeous! xo

November 18, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Can you post the link to your Thankful banner from the fall mantel post? Thanks!

November 18, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Andee I love your looks! If you don't mind me asking, how do you store your hats and other accessories? I really want to splurge on a good hat, but I have no idea how to keep them, and the cheap ones I have from Forever 21 always seem to get smashed up in my closet, and I don't want that to happen if I invest in a good hat. Would appreciate any tips! Thanks πŸ™‚

November 20, 2013 at 4:46 am

you know I'm not the most organized person or else i would do a post on this lol but for my hats I pay a pretty penny for I definitely make room and just sit them all on a shelf in my closet and don't stack anything else on top of them!

November 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I was wondering how you like your Forever21 faux leather tote that you mentioned you ordered a couple post back? I want to order it but would love to know if it looks as good as it looks online. Thanks and love this look!

November 20, 2013 at 4:45 am

hi hun yes I did receive and am keeping it. It looks just as great in person and know i will wear it a ton. The only down side is that it does kind of have the smelly faux leather smell to it…but I'm hoping it will wear off as I use it. xo

November 18, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Hi Andee, Gorgeous. Your teeth are perfect! Can I please ask what you are wearing on your eyes? Also, what is your favourite mascara? Thanks Hun.

November 20, 2013 at 4:43 am

Thanks so much hun! On my eyes it the same "soft smokey eye" I did a post on last week (it will have all the shadows listed for you) My current favorite mascara is the lash potion one from Revlon! xo

zozo
    November 18, 2013 at 11:56 pm

You are just fantastically beautiful! Love your hair here too. What are you wearing on your nails??

atelier zozo

November 20, 2013 at 4:42 am

thanks so much lovely! On my nails is Brisbane Bronze by OPI

Annie A
    November 19, 2013 at 12:23 am

You are so lovely, Andee.

November 20, 2013 at 4:41 am

thank you Annie! Such a nice compliment xo

KBroome
    November 19, 2013 at 1:48 am

What kind of shoes would you suggest wearing for cooler weather with these style pants?

November 20, 2013 at 4:42 am

i usually wear my 4+ inch wedges but when its really cold i will wear my wedge or platform boots with them. xo

clara mcmillan
    November 19, 2013 at 2:23 am

looking so beautiful, from your fashion to your flawless face. Perfection!

XO, Claire

November 20, 2013 at 4:41 am

you're so kind thank you Clara xo

November 19, 2013 at 5:12 am

This look is just so classy and beautiful! As are you. I absolutely love your makeup here. Please could you tell me what you're wearing (eyeshadow, lipstick, blush)?

November 20, 2013 at 4:40 am

thanks so much hun! Its actually the same "soft smokey eye" I posted on last week (you can see the post with all the eyeshadow colors on there). On my lips its NYX lip liner in natural and blush is Mac Peaches. Hope this helps xo

Kendra
    November 19, 2013 at 8:02 am

Jenny Lyn finally got you to show off those perfect pearly whites of yours! Gorgeous as always mama. <3

November 20, 2013 at 4:38 am

lol so funny i rarely show my teeth for some reason! πŸ˜‰

November 19, 2013 at 2:44 pm

HAHA love the JT and Britney reference! I thought she was so cool at the time. You wear this look so well and these pictures are insanely beautiful xoxo

November 20, 2013 at 4:37 am

hhaha those matching jean outfits will forever be in my mind ;))) and thank you hun!!

Seppy
    November 19, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Love it Andee!! You look so lovely in these pictures too!!!

megan
    November 19, 2013 at 3:31 pm

A fedora is officially on the christmas wish list!!

November 20, 2013 at 4:36 am

πŸ˜‰ you won't regret it!

Megan {Willow Way Blog}
    November 19, 2013 at 4:40 pm

oh the hat, it's amaze!

tburys
    November 19, 2013 at 5:07 pm

So beautiful!! Definitely a look I can do. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marie
    November 19, 2013 at 6:37 pm

So gorgeous and I love your hat! I was wondering what kind of shoes you wear with wide leg jeans? Do you wear heels or flats and if you wear flats, what do you recommend?

Thanks!

November 20, 2013 at 4:36 am

i get asked that a lot so i should probably mention it the next time i wear my wide leg denim. I usually wear my 4+ inch wedges with them. If its really cold out (which doesnt happen too often here) Ill wear my close toed wedge or platform boots. xo

November 19, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Your teeth look perfect. Did you get braces when you were younger? Also, do you whiten them professionally? You're blessed with good looks!

November 20, 2013 at 4:35 am

you're too kind thank you. No i never had braces and they're actually far from perfect in person πŸ˜‰ I also use crest white strips and those help a lot! xo

Gabby
    November 19, 2013 at 7:37 pm

I love to see you in black normally but this look suits you so well it looks so down to earth looking amazing Andee!

November 20, 2013 at 4:33 am

yeah someone else who shares my love for black lol thank you and yes it is nice to switch it up a little πŸ˜‰

Elena
    November 19, 2013 at 11:59 pm

um, i love this.

Lily
    November 20, 2013 at 7:35 am

Whenever you get the chance, please tell me what lip colour you're wearing here. I't perfect and I'd love to buy it ASAP. Thanks Andee!!!

November 20, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Nothing better than a good old canadian tuxedo – love it mama! XO

Erin
    November 20, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Really like this look on you! Love the jeans,I've been on the lookout for a pair like them for ages.
    I enjoy reading your blog.

Erin, Scotland

Whitney Kastner-Besneatte
    November 21, 2013 at 6:33 am

I love this look! The hat adds such a boho-70s touch that takes this to a whole new level – well done! And that picture makes me miss Balboa – born & raised in Orange but freezing in the Midwest =) slightly homesick now!

November 22, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Hi, I recently found your blog and I love it! I am also a Mama and we have very similar coloring, so I enjoy looks/makeup for brunettes and sassy but still comfortable clothes for stylish Moms! I also love your glam boho style!

Jess
    April 27, 2014 at 3:56 am

Hi Andee,

I am a mom of a 16-month-old girl, and I adore your family and style! I was checking out your fedora (which looks so FAB), and I noticed that all the Janessa Leone Lola Fedoras now only come with a black belt instead of the cognac one that you have. Is yours an older model? Personally, I think yours looks MUCH better than the one with the black belt. Please let me know!

caradare
    September 8, 2014 at 6:23 pm

This look is gorgeous, huge fan of the double denim!

Also your make-up looks great would love to know what products you use πŸ™‚

X Cara

Cute Outfit Ideas of the Week #62 - Fall Outfit Ideas Galore!
    January 10, 2017 at 5:15 pm