Andee Layne baby Lifestyle Nutrition

One Year Postpartum (Body After Baby)

securedownload-3-5
Okay ladies sorry for lagging on this post but better late than never πŸ˜‰ Many of you have asked about my one year postpartum update so here it is!

PRE PREGNANCY BODY
Pre-pregnancy I worked out ALL THE TIME. I went to the gym typically about 5 days a week. I ran, took spin and a couple strength training classes a week. I’ve been “eating clean” for at least the last 8 years or so and have pretty much continued doing so throughout this journey.

DURING PREGNANCY (39 WEEKS)

Here’s a shot of me a few days before I popped! During my pregnancy I continued eating healthy and indulged in moderation. I upped my calories in the second and third trimester and listened to my cravings. You can see more of my pregnancy nutrition and exercise details on my 6 Month Postpartum Check In.

ONE YEAR POSTPARTUM
and here’s a shot from last month…one year postpartum!

After having my daughter it took awhile for me to get back into “gym mode”. When you have a baby you definitely don’t have as much YOU time, so in the beginning I would only go about twice a week.  Since I wasn’t getting to the gym as often as I would have liked, I made sure that my clean eating was really on track! At around 7 months postpartum I started getting back in the gym a little more frequently. Thats when I really felt my body start to get back to its old self. Currently I go to the gym about 3 to 4 times a week. My workouts consist of Running on the treadmill (for about 40 mins, alternating the incline and speed to keep my body guessing), using the stairclimber (also alternating the speed), elliptical and taking at least one strength training class a week.
   There are certain things about my body that aren’t exactly the same as pre pregnancy but i’m trying not to focus on those and just appreciate the hard work I put it in to get here. Thank you ladies again for following this journey with me! If you eat healthy and stay active you CAN have your body back after baby! To see more of what my clean eating meals look like you can follow my Andee’s Eats board on Pinterest. I also have a clean eating grocery cart check in for tomorrow for those of you who are interested!

Capri Layne
    April 30, 2013 at 4:08 pm

I love this! Thank you. I found after my daughter my body is better than ever. Eating healthy is not only good for your body but for your soul as well. Eat good, feel good πŸ™‚

megan
    April 30, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Proof it can be done! Thanks for the inspiration!

Heather Barnes
    April 30, 2013 at 4:41 pm

You look amazing! I think bouncing back does have a lot to do with taking good care of yourself during pregnancy… Staying active and eating healthy throughout. Every pregnancy I had I was scared it would be the one that ruined me but I managed four and am really happy with my body, so its so true that being pregnant doesnt have to ruin your body. Thanks for sharing:)

May 1, 2013 at 3:42 am

yeah so glad to hear this because i hear bouncing back from #2 can be tough, so thanks for the inspiration! xo

jayandjamielynn
    April 30, 2013 at 4:44 pm

You go, hot mama! You're an inspiration.

Leslie
    April 30, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I'm not pregnant, but I'm definitely working on my fitness. You look great! Totally inspired!

Faye
    April 30, 2013 at 5:32 pm

You look AMAZING, girl! I have 2 little girls and oh was it hard to get back into my jeans both times. Eating right is the toughest part for me. Thanks for sharing your healthy recipes. You're my fitspo! πŸ™‚

Natasha
    April 30, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Goodness girl, you look amazing! Such an inspiration to all current and future mamas out there!

April 30, 2013 at 5:48 pm

You look AWESOME! You have a better body than 98% of the women that I know that haven't even had kids. I wonder what are those things you don't think are the same because you are so perfect. You have no stretch marks and your boobs didn't deflate. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 3 weeks but it didn't matter how much i exercised and how cleaned i ate, my boobs completely deflated and my stomach looks like a zebra! sigh

April 30, 2013 at 6:09 pm

you look amazing babe! i send all my preggo friends your blog so they can see what you were doing, cause i know when i get pregnant one day i`ll refer back to all the information you talked about! XOXO

May 1, 2013 at 3:39 am

ahhh you're the best love!!! muah!

Kelsey Nicole
    April 30, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I love your clean eating recipes! You look amazing!!

April 30, 2013 at 6:37 pm

You look so great, yeahh!! You should probably feature yourself in your "Hot Mama" series. πŸ˜‰ xo

May 1, 2013 at 3:39 am

lol thanks mama! You're next on my hot mama series πŸ˜‰ xoox

Tessa Rayanne
    April 30, 2013 at 6:52 pm

You look beautiful, from start to finish (: I am so inspired by your blog and have definitely kept up with your pregnancy updates as i have been moving along in this pregnancy (im now 7 months and 1 week). I have tried to maintain eating clean (giving in to sweets a little here and there) as well as still exercising 5 days a week (1-2 light weight training classes and then the rest of the days ill do 45-50 mins of moderate cardio on the elliptical). My question is now that you have a baby, if daddys away at work, how did you find time to even make it to the gym 2 days a week in the beginning? And now 3-4? Do you bring her to the gym with you and drop her off in their day care? Friend/nanny watch her? Im trying to think ahead what I can plan to make sure after im cleared to begin exercising again that I have a schedule set up either with my hubs or my mom (or mother in law) to get there 3 days a week so i dont get lazy and have a hard time ever getting back into a gym routine. Do you have any suggestions? (: im sure a lot of it is getting creative at home as you've said or going on walks with the baby.. but id like to do that on days when i cant make it to the gym and have set days when hopefully i can /: Any suggestions would be awesome! <3

May 1, 2013 at 3:38 am

Thanks Tessa, you are definitely a fit prego mama and i know you'll bounce right back in shape! I didn't start working out again until about 2 months postpartum. I was going through a bit of the baby blues as well as being overwhelmed and exhausted with a new born so I was jumping to get into the gym. After 2 months I started doing little workouts a home like squats, lunges, arms etc while Ava was napping or if she was fussing I would hold her and do them. I basically did that and took walks daily until about 4 months when I got back to the gym. We have a daycare at my gym but I have only brought her to the gym twice since she was born (and the first time was last month lol) We don't have a nanny so I squeeze in my gym time in the am before my husband leaves for work. Also girl you're in OC there are tons of my mommy stroller workout groups…especially in CDM if your close by. You will get back in shape in no time so try not to stress about getting back to gym asap. Once you meet your little one things will change πŸ˜‰

Tessa Rayanne
      May 1, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Thank you! I hope so, we just never know what our bodies will do. LIke you my sisters both lost their baby weight within the first few weeks (with just a few lbs left to lose..which i hear are the hardest to shed). Im hoping ill be blessed like all of you, but I dont want to have any expectations of what my body will or wont do, im trying to just go with the flow and embrace whatever my God given body does believing that it will do what its supposed to do. Thanks for the reply and i will definitely keep your suggestions in mind! I would love to try mommy stroller workouts, thats a great idea! Also, quick questions, did you ever post on at home workouts that you tried? any good videos, etc? And as of late im obsessed with reading birth stories (i think my mind is trying to get me prepared or something, lol) did you write Avas birth story? Id be intersted to read how labor went for you since you kept yourself healthy throughout! <3 Thanks for all the info and honesty you dish out, its always nice to find a woman with a good heart that loves sharing tips, tricks, and ideas with others. xo

Kelsey InspiredSoul
    April 30, 2013 at 7:42 pm

You look amazing, you're an inspiration! I have to work a lot harder to stay in shape since I had a baby. My daughter is 19 months and hates the gym daycare, so I have to squeeze in workouts when I can. How do you find time to workout with your daughter?

May 1, 2013 at 3:27 am

I squeeze in my workouts in the morning before my husband leaves for work. I have taken Ava to the gym once or twice but would like to leave her home if I have that option.

Heather Pabitzky
    April 30, 2013 at 8:03 pm

You look amazing! Where do you do strength training at? I need to get on that!

April 30, 2013 at 8:35 pm

You are seriously perfection…before pregnancy, during pregnancy, right after pregnancy, and a year after pregnancy! I also think that the fact that you've been naturally best with a pretty, small, slender frame adds to it!! πŸ™‚

When you said your workouts consist of the treadmill, stairclimber, and elliptical – do you do all three in one workout day or switch it up between the three throughout the week? Also what ab workouts do you do?

May 1, 2013 at 3:31 am

you're too kind! Im def not perfect but thank you for the compliment xo As for the workouts I only do one per day then the next time I'm there i switch it up and do something different. As for abs I do all sorts ill try to put together a post to share with you guys!

April 30, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I think you look even better now!! You just have a glow about you that has stuck since you became pregnant! You inspire and motivate me every day!!

May 1, 2013 at 3:23 am

awwww thank you Natasha that is such a sweet compliment!! You have inspired me as well…muah! xo

Francis
    April 30, 2013 at 9:19 pm

You look great as we knew you would. I always bounced back after a baby and I credit staying active or on my feet a lot during pregnancy. Truth be told its mainly genetics for me. I'm 5 and a half months postpartum after my 3rd baby and you can't tell I've had 3. I'm actually trying to gain weight now. I'm not sure how tall you are, but judging by your pictures you seem petite. I have a feeling even if you didn't eat that clean or workout you would still bounce back easily. πŸ˜‰

May 1, 2013 at 3:24 am

you are one blessed lady! I hope to still get back in shape after the next go round!

Sadie Cummings
    April 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm

You look phenomenal love!!! Your hard work and dedication to clean eating is so inspiring πŸ™‚ xoxo

Lula
    April 30, 2013 at 10:07 pm

awesome work Andee! I am almost 20 weeks and gained a good 15 lbs… I was on the weight loss journey before and I guess i threw the towel a little bit, but I'll back once the baby comes out, you're a true inspiration!!

question, how do you create those grids (I can't think of another word but you used it to put the clothes in your previous post)? and by the way I linked you in one of my posts πŸ™‚

May 1, 2013 at 3:19 am

aww congrats to you hun! Don't stress about the weight esp when your prego just try to make healthy choices and give in those cravings when you have them πŸ˜‰ as for the grids you can make them on a few different sites but i use shop style to make mine. xo

Lula
      May 1, 2013 at 4:58 pm

thank you for your response!!

April 30, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Hi, Andee! You look amazing and agree, even better now! There is just that motherly glow about you…hot motherly glow πŸ˜‰ Do you mind me asking, what prompted you to make the clean eating lifestyle 8 years ago? I'm assuming you were still normally healthy before, but did you notice even more of a difference when you adjusted your lifestyle? How long did it take you notice?

May 1, 2013 at 3:16 am

Thank you thats such a sweet compliment. I think moving to California made me a lot more health conscious…which is a good thing as long as you have a healthy balance and don't become obsessed. It wasn't a super hard adjustment it just took a little work. I was never overweight but just wanted to lean out a bit.

Caroline
    April 30, 2013 at 11:17 pm

You look awesome!

Traci
    May 1, 2013 at 12:42 am

You look great! Eating clean (as much as possible) and working out 4 times a week has really helped me stay in my target weight for 4 years now. I still need to work on the variety of foods in my diet, though. I used to weigh 200lbs and I lost 55lbs before I got pregnant. I was careful to gain only 20lbs while I was pregnant and worked hard to lose all 20 plus an additional 5 after I had her. My body is not perfect, I have stretch marks from the weight gain in my early 20s and some slightly lose skin from the weight loss but there's nothing I can do about that so I try my hardest not to focus on it. Now if only there was a way to make stretch marks tan I wouldn't have to sport my bikini in all my glorious whiteness!

May 1, 2013 at 3:15 am

Congrats to you Traci and losing 55lbs is amazing!! I agree with trying not to focus on the imperfections just be happy with your progress!! xo

Kelly Causey
    May 1, 2013 at 12:42 am

You are one hot mama!! Major inspiration for my second 6 months after baby! Thank you and keep the recipes coming please!!! πŸ™‚

May 1, 2013 at 3:13 am

thanks and Kelly and congrats to you love!

atouchofcashmere
    May 1, 2013 at 1:09 am

Amazing! Shows a healthy lifestyle pays off πŸ™‚

Linzi Scarsella
    May 1, 2013 at 4:50 am

You are so beautiful outside and in! I'm so envious πŸ™‚

Little Slices of Heaven
    May 1, 2013 at 8:02 am

You look absolutely fantastic! You're definitely my fitness and lifetyle inspiration. We're the same size and weight and both keep fit and eat clean and I'm 3 1/2 months pregnant. Your success makes me hopeful that I'll bounce back into shape like you did after giving birth! Thanks for sharing! Your blog is fab! πŸ™‚

May 22, 2013 at 7:05 pm

awww thank you and congrats to you as well love!

May 1, 2013 at 12:20 pm

You look amazinggggg!!! I admire you so much for bouncing back so quickly because it is so much harder than I could have ever imagined to find the time to work out! I'm officially motivated, thank you!!!

May 22, 2013 at 7:04 pm

oh my gosh girl i hear you esp in those first few months..its def not happening…thats why i just really tried to watch my eating!

Dressed
    May 1, 2013 at 1:20 pm

WoW!!! you look absolutely lovely

dressed2dnines.blogspot.com

Ekaete
    May 1, 2013 at 1:39 pm

You look amazing before, during and after. So inspiring.
    I am still nowhere near my pre-baby body but you definitely show it can be done, I guess you just have to make that commitment and be consistent.
    Well done!

Ekaete xx

Krista Nile
    May 1, 2013 at 2:55 pm

So inspiring! PROOF that it can be done! πŸ™‚ You look great!

AaeKay :)
    May 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm

You look so beautiful! And that baby bump is so cute. <3

Brianne
    May 1, 2013 at 4:53 pm

You give me hope, you look amazing! I love reading your posts, thanks for taking the time and care to blog.

Hannah Ruth
    May 1, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Well done Andee,
    Isn't it incredible what the female body can do?!

A.Co
    May 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm

You look INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Your clean eating pays off, I see you making those concious choices to eat healthy at home AND out and clearly it's working (along side the gym WERK you're putting in πŸ˜‰

But seriously, you look the same as before, to me, and it's soooo inspiring! Well done and thanks for sharing what could be such a personal picture, your body is KILLER!!

a mom's diet
    May 2, 2013 at 3:57 am

wow!!! this is just amazing!
    i delivered a month back and u inspire me a lot to get back to my pre-pregnancy body type!! as of now i still have a belly hanging in there..
    cheers!
    kunj
    amomsdiet.blogspot.in

JIN @ Love,Loss + Lacquer
    May 2, 2013 at 12:43 pm

you look AMAZING! I had a baby 3 months ago and I have soooooo much work to do, but I know it takes time πŸ™‚

Marie
    May 2, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Wow, you are an inspiration! I'm currently 1 month post partum and breastfeeding… Haven't gotten back into the workout routine yet. I was wondering how long it took for you to fit back into your pre-pregnancy pants?

May 22, 2013 at 7:08 pm

it took a few months so don't beat yourself up! Enjoy this precious time, get some much needed sleep πŸ˜‰ and make healthy choices xo

May 2, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Where did you get that swimsuit? It is so cute!

May 22, 2013 at 7:09 pm

the top is from VSecret and the bottoms are by LSpace

Katharine Wood
    May 2, 2013 at 9:56 pm

What do you do to entertain yourself on the tread for 40 mins? I only do classes most of the time but I would like to find a way to enjoy the treads and elipticals if at all possible πŸ˜‰

May 22, 2013 at 7:06 pm

ummm people watch and good/new music lol

May 3, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Hi Andee – did you use any "cocoa butter" anti-stretch mark type stuff on your belly when you were pregnant? I am 11 weeks along, and I want to prepare!
    Thanks, Lauren

May 22, 2013 at 7:06 pm

hi hun congrat…yes i only used palmers cocoa butter from Target

leopardheels
    May 4, 2013 at 8:29 pm

you've got amazing body:)))

Lily
    May 6, 2013 at 11:27 pm

You're a babe Andee. Work it! I have abs now and am ripped b/c of you, thanks for the fitspo Lady A πŸ˜‰

Melia
    May 18, 2013 at 5:16 am

Hi Andee,

Great Blog and you look amazing! Could you do a post on what a typical weekly routine would be for you. I def know how to get in my cardio but I always am clueless as what to do for weight training or squats lunges, etc. I never know the weight or reps I should do to get the results I want. I know you mentione weight training in some of your post but could you be very specific as to what exactly you do? (weight, reps, etc)

I eat really healthy similar to what you do and I do cardio about 3-4 times a week and my body is just at a stand still. I am 5'4'' and weigh 134 and really want to dramatically change my body and get as lean as possible.

Any advice for me?

Keep up your post they are inspiring! πŸ™‚

xo
    -M

May 22, 2013 at 7:08 pm

yes hun one of these posts is in the works! If you have a gym i would highly recommend looking into any strength training classes they offer. Its a good way to switch things up and nice having someone tell you what to do πŸ˜‰

leah.strejcek
    June 13, 2013 at 2:25 am

Hey Andee,

I know you said that you used Palmer's Coco Butter during your pregnancy; is there anything else you attribute to your lack of stretch marks?

dragonfly
    October 12, 2013 at 9:18 am

Just wanted to say thanks for such an amazing and inspirational blog. I'm 38 weeks and can relate to everything you have written. Can't wait to meet the little man, but also can't wait to get back to exercising and pre-preg body.

February 22, 2014 at 11:07 am

You look amazing!

July 7, 2014 at 8:16 pm

How did you avoid stretch marks?!?!

August 14, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I'm 6 months pregnant and came across this article and just want to let you know you've done an amazing job with your figure and it is inspiring to see, thank you. Sarah xxxxx

Bryana Sanchez
    January 9, 2015 at 3:49 am

What was your weight after your daughter?

March 24, 2015 at 5:42 am

Well I am currently 3months pregnant with baby number 3 and I have 2 boys now. They are about 15 months apart. I wouldn't say it was harder the second time or now, just like you say if you take care of your body and eat healthy foods I believe you will bounce right back. I have after baby 2 and was thinner then before baby 1. But good luck to you !