Andee Layne Nutrition

Honeybee Health: Trader Joe Goodies

securedownload-32-5

Here are some of my favorites from Trader Joes!
These are SO tasty and a great on the go snack option! They’re under 150 calories and have 9grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein and only 6 grams of sugar! Highly recommend! I even have these as an after dinner snack when i’m craving something sweet.
My hubby LOVES a vodka sauce. Unfortunately vodka sauce is usually pretty high in fat. This one from Traders is lower in fat and still tastes great. I use this sauce with lean ground turkey meat or Chicken sausage and bell peppers.

This Gnocchi is a HIT in our house! Theres no heavy cream just marinara, basil and a little mozzarella. Its a perfect side dish when you want something tasty in a hurry!
I’ve been using these makeup wipes from Trader Joes for years! I have crazy sensitive skin (esp around my eyes) and these are perfect for that and not to mention super affordable!
And whats a trip to Traders without something sweet?! These babies were calling my name and I had to try them. SO GOOOOD! They are around 250 calories and I think 8 grams of fats so not to bad!
*What Trader Joe Goodies are you ladies loving?!

Francis
    August 29, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I wish there was a Trader Joes's near me. I've heard such good things about it.

August 29, 2012 at 11:21 pm

i know i was thinking i probably shouldn't only post on TJ because some people don't have them near them ;( New ones are popping up all over so hopefully you get one in your area!

August 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I have got to try those makeup removers! I love their strawberry and banana yogurts. Also their mochi and tamales. So tasty! Loving your blog and mommy post.

<3 Linzi

August 29, 2012 at 11:20 pm

oh the tamales sounds sooooo good! Def going to look into those next trip!

August 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Ooo these are great picks! We had the tomato basil marinara sauce last night which was amazing! I have to check out these s'more ice cream sandwiches!

JennySue Makeup
    August 29, 2012 at 5:48 pm

OOh, good to hear about the gnocchi bc it's sitting in my freezer but we haven't tried it yet!! And I had NO idea TJ sold makeup wipes- yippee!! Next on my grocery list.

August 29, 2012 at 11:20 pm

yes they're great def check out the wipes!

August 29, 2012 at 5:50 pm

ooooooh those s'more sandwiches are amazing!! i think i need to have one now after reading this, haha. have you ever tried their cookie thins that come in ginger, coconut, and lemon?? they are so good and i think only 150 cals for 8 of them ๐Ÿ™‚

August 29, 2012 at 11:19 pm

no i always see them though and LOVE ginger snaps so ill def try the things next time!

MerciBlahBlah
    August 29, 2012 at 7:12 pm

These are COMPLETELY unhealthy, but for once a year (or twice) I will go to TJ's specifically for their chocolate covered potato chips. True story.

August 29, 2012 at 11:20 pm

i have seen those and now they carry them at the register!! So i have to try to talk myself out of them. Every once in while you have to indulge. I am a monster around their peanut butter pretzel bites! I can seriously eat half a bag in one sitting lol

Jackie S @ Home, On Pointe
    August 29, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Those ice cream sandwiches look awesome. You should try the green tea (or other flavor) mochi – it's in the frozen dessert section. Sooo tasty!

August 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm

oh i have been eyeing those! There frozen dessert section is so tempting!!!

Natasha
    August 29, 2012 at 9:16 pm

i am TOTALLY going to have to hit up TJ's ASAP to grab some of these goodies!!! my fav is the chocolate covered banana bites

SS
    August 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I have never tried any of these – or even noticed them. Next time I go, I must pick up some of these items! I used to love their chocolate covered almonds, and their chocolate bars are way better then Godiva's. I read a NY Times article awhile ago, that a lot of Trader Joe's "Trader Joe" branded products are actually products made by really high quality food companies – these are items that they sell in other stores for much higher prices (and fancier packaging). Thanks for sharing your picks!

August 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I'm definitely a Trader Joes junkie and love how affordable it is!

Here Blogs The Bride
    August 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I love trader Joe's makeup remover! I also love their coconut oil, and their caramels are amazing as well.

August 29, 2012 at 11:16 pm

oh I'm always eyeing their caramels! Going to have to snag them next time!

August 30, 2012 at 12:35 am

I love the Dark Chocolate covered Powerberries! They are amazing and full of antioxidants so I don't feel so guilty eating them by the handful! ๐Ÿ™‚

September 2, 2012 at 4:36 pm

i still can't believe i haven't tried those yet! Im def going to snag them next time!

Allison
    August 30, 2012 at 2:09 am

I love love love Trader Joes! I will have to try those Fiber Bars and makeup remover. I have extremely sensitive skin so will look forward to picking those up. I have been getting the mini chocolate peanut butter candies. I stick them in the freezer and just grab a small handful and that satisfies my sweet tooth. They're so yummy!

September 2, 2012 at 4:35 pm

then those makeup wipes are def for you! They've been great on my skin!

August 30, 2012 at 2:23 am

Going to have to try those makeup wipes.

Thanks Andee!

August 30, 2012 at 6:04 am

thanks

Leena
    August 30, 2012 at 11:18 am

Agh I wish we had a trader joes!:( by the way, remember to vote yes to proposition 37 in November. It will require the labeling of all gmo products in California.

Sloane
    August 30, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I'm obsessed with their authentic salsa.. I buy like 8 of them each trip and put it on everything! I also love their egg white salad and chipotle pepper hummus!

babystepstobalance.com
    August 31, 2012 at 1:12 pm

I love their Sunflower Butter and frozen Teriyaki Chicken! Soooo goood!

September 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I've never tried sunflower butter! Does it taste like almond butter?

Amanda
    August 31, 2012 at 5:06 pm

My absolute favorite food item from trader joes is the spinach pie! it's amazing!!!

September 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm

oh i haven't seen that one yet!! def will be on the look out for it!

AnnaJCAl
    August 31, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I looooove Trader Joes. Thank you for posting this. I spend hours browsing for healthy options at Trader Joes. I love the mini ice cream cones, baby spinach, mixed green mix, sesame soy vinaigrette, when I'm lazy I buy their precooked salmon and have it over spinach and the sesame vinaigrette for lunch. Their chocolate covered pretzels are great but I had to cut back, lol. I also love their instant oatmeal. its whole grain with real blue berries and i think it has flaxseed mixed in. Its great to take to work. I also love their crunchy almond butter…You are amazing Andee!!! Thank you for opening my eyes to more delicious options. Loove all your posts.

September 2, 2012 at 4:36 pm

thank you for sharing your picks as well!

Brittany Landers
    September 4, 2012 at 1:43 am

I just picked up those makeup wipes, too! We don't have a Trader Joe's close, but when I splurge & go to Columbus, OH I always stop there!

PS- Love the blog!! You are so pretty, and seem to have such a positive attitude on life. Commendable!

Elizabeth
    September 4, 2012 at 7:37 pm

I'm sure they aren't very good for me, but I'm in love with the Feta Cheese and Carmelized Onion Puff Pastry Tarts. I try to only get them for parties, otherwise I could probably eat an entire tray all by myself. Everyone has a guilty pleasure right?? lol : )